Wednesday, January 14, 2009

IF: Contained


Double duty: This one is for this week's IF and is my painted doodle. Not sure if I'll be able to get up an additional Doodle of the Day. The little guy on the left is quite contained. Not so much on the right.

On another note, I absolutely love watercolors and am trying to improve my abilities. I get frustrated with myself because I so badly want to paint beautifully. Does it just take practice? Any good tips/resources? Please tell me there's hope!

9 comments:

Roberta said...

your work is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

The left reminds me of my son at school. The right reminds me of him at home ;D

Your work is beautiful. I love painting with watercolour, but went to digital after being really frustrated.

Sónia Cântara said...

Ehehee! Very expressive! Fits perfectly with the theme!

Jess said...

I started using watercolours for most of my work about a year ago and I'm learning every time I pick up a brush. That's the only way really, to paint with them as much as possible so you get more familar with what it can do. They say watercolour's the most difficult medium to use as it's so unpredictable, but that's what I love about it, the sloshy runniness! Happy painting.x

Unknown said...

ahaha. ur work is simply cute.i like it.

JuJu said...

I love this one, with color, and without. Thanks for sharing!

Bella Sinclair said...

Heeheee! That is me when my kids go off to school, and me at the end of the day! Fabulously cute doodles, and I think your watercolors are great.

pati said...

It looks even more beautiful in colors, Christine.

Try to experiment with dry and wet paper... the stains are different depending on the kind of paper and its conditions. I'm sure you'll love the results :)

christine grove said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. Pati and Jessie thanks for the tips, I'll keep at it and try wet and dry paper.

Bella, the right one is me at the beginning AND end of the day! ;)