Thursday, January 5, 2012

Me, A Chicken, and a Book!


Big news! I'm spending quite a bit of time with my new chicken friend, Esme. I got my first book contract!! Wahoooo! This contract is a result of an interview/showcase I did on Sunshine Smile Publications. The book will be published through an independent British publisher, Red Robin Books and is set to be released at the end of June (I'll post order information here upon release). And I'll get to share approved sketches with you along the way! Here's the cover-this was done earlier for marketing purposes. (I'm still in the sketching stage.) Lots of work to do-I'd better get to it!

11 comments:

Ben Clanton said...

Congrats! The first of many! Love esme's expression and the way you rendered the tail feathers. :)

Sarah Melling said...

As a chicken owner, I'm excited to see thi project develop!

Sarah Melling said...

err...that was suppsed to say "this project"...oops!

Leen Christens said...

Congratulations, your work deserves a book! Have lots of fun making it!!!

Ann Pilicer said...

Congrats!!! How wonderful! That is great news! You must be over the moon! and well deserved! Have fun and enjoy all the moments ahead! :D

Beth Anne Maresca said...

Congratulations! Your your is so wonderful! Can't wait to follow you along the process! Good Luck...it'll be grand!

June said...

Well, I am soooo happy for you, though it was only a matter of time!

Would you like my hens to pose for reference?
Well done Christine, I shall look forward to buying a copy of your first book, and asking you to sign it.

Kayleen West - Children Author/Illustrator said...

Congratulations Christine, how wonderful. I am sure it will be a delightfully whimsical book too.

Unknown said...

Wow! Good on you! Cover looks fab so far... can't wait to see the rest :)

christine grove said...

Thanks!! Hen models are always welcome;)

Paige Keiser said...

Hooray!! Congratulations!! :))) Can't wait to see the book!