Sunday, June 16, 2013

Texture vs. No Texture


One of the images I'm working on in Photoshop, going to finish this and others today as samples. One thing I'd love to add to my digital work is texture. I haven't quite figured it out yet...not even sure it'd fit into this style. But just to start playing around with the idea I took a blank "paper" in PS and added a sepia color and used different brushes to try to give it texture. Then I added it as a layer under my drawing and set the drawing layer to multiply. (Ha! I couldn't even use those words together in a sentence awhile back. If you are learning Photoshop, keep at it! Eventually you figure out a thing or two.) I'm thinking I don't like it, looses brightness. But I do like trying to figure it out so I'll keep at it. I have a couple of announcements I need to blog about...well, one may have to wait. In the meantime, I've been hanging out over on facebook. A lot. Would love to see you over there!

Photobucket

No comments: