Friday, June 1, 2012

Digital Painting & Mr. Kitty

Oh. no. I can feel it in my bones. As much as I wanted to pull my hair out with Painter today I can feel things are changing. I'm sorry Winsor & Newton. This morning I scanned in this little sketch, cleaned it up in Photoshop and then spent all day (no lie) in Painter digitally coloring this. The colors aren't right. I didn't intentionally give her a serious purple carpet to stand on. That's supposed to be her shadow. Seriously. But this was really good practice. You think I could do this in Photoshop? I think I may prefer that program. Maybe.

I love watercolor, I love my real brushes. So my goal really is to find a balance. There's value in both. It's for my own to good to learn this. So I plan to keep at it. (You know that whole wishing I was further along? I'll add this to that list.)

P.S. She loves her striped little kitty. So. Much. I'm not so sure Kitty feels the same way.

2 comments:

OnlyYouCanTell said...

That is seriously my 20 month old with our cat down to the pig tails and the stripes! It's like you peeked into our house! I think you might find Photoshop more powerful than Painter. I use it in my "day job" so try to stay away from in when I paint but it's a great tool :)

k.h.whitaker said...

I use them both together Christine, literally, have them both open and go back and forth. I just find that there are certain things that I can do more easily in each of the programs.